Thursday, July 22, 2010

Getting on the Weight-loss Bandwagon

Well, hubby and I have been invited to a Polo Match, the Moroccan Embassy and then dinner at a swanky restaurant soon. Different invitations, not all in the same day/evening.

Since the Boy Child was born (12/06) we have been out to dinner (with other grown ups) once. I don't mind. I've been there, done all of that and in this season of my life I prefer to be at home. Having 3 grown daughters I know how quickly these years go by and I am seriously and deliberately soaking up every single minute of this life.

Still, I am very excited.

However, I really need to get on the diet bandwagon. I'm sure if I just cut out the late night cookies & cereal and the corn dogs for lunch and the fast food (oh the fast food crap) I will have a great start. I am horrid when it comes to eating.

I have Restless Leg Syndrome and I end up trying to walk it off when it wakes me up. I walk it off all the way to the refrigerator for a bowl of cereal or cookies & milk. It's not cool. I know this, even while I'm stuffing my face at midnight, I know it's not cool. So no more.

I'd like to say I plan on this great healthy diet of lots of fresh fruits and veggies and lots of salad and water galore. Well, that actually is the plan. We will see how it goes.

I don't necessarily mind so much what the scale say as sometimes I pretend it speaks a different language (hehe). What I mind is not being comfortable in my clothing. My goal is to fit comfortably into a dress I already own. That doesn't mean I will not purchase a new outfit for one or all of these events but I need a lasting goal. Being able to fit into the clothing I already own will allow me many more choices throughout the seasons not to mention save a boatload of bucks.

I joined Sparks People. Having to enter what I eat will ensure I think about what I eat. Is it worth having to enter? I don't know that I'll keep up with the entering everything, it is time consuming. Just seeing that one entry has me going, ewwwww already.


No comments:

Post a Comment