Friday, May 14, 2010

Daily & Weekly Zones

I assign a zone a day and a zone a week. I do NOT, I repeat I DO NOT always follow my own plans and I certainly do not clean all the time or even most of the time.

The following is the plan I'd like use until Summer at which time I'll be spending more time in the backyard, gardening, at the park and at our local pool and I don't plan to be babysitting.

Sunday~ Daddy Day

Babysit on Monday- Zone 1 Foyer/Living Room/Dinning Room/Powder Room ~Preschool

Market & Errands on Tuesday~ Zone 2, Kitchen & Family Room

Babysit & Garden on Wednesday~ Zone 3, Master Bedroom/Master Bath and Laundry Room~Preschool

Babysit on Thursday~ Zone 4, PJ's Bedroom/Bathroom & Guest Bedroom

Fun on Friday~ Zone 5, Rec Room/Bathroom/Food Storage~Preschool

Electric on Saturday~ Weekly Zone/Vacuum entire house & Heavy Laundry (we are on a plan where the electricity is cheapest from midnight to 8am daily and from 8pm Friday til Monday at 8am) Our laundryroom is upstairs so clothing gets washed as needed in the evening (moderate rates apply from 8-12 am/pm). I like to do sheets, blankets, rugs, etc. on the weekend.

I try to do zone work daily but it doesn't always get done, for whatever reason (3yo wants to spend the day outside, visitors, not feeling good, sometimes the room just needs to be tidied not zoned).

I like to have a list of things because sometimes I just get sidetracked or caught up in something else. Sometimes I have a pocket of time and my mind blanks as to what to do (unexpected nap for instance). If I am feeling overwhelmed it's easy to look at what should be done and take one step at a time towards a big picture.

Having every single detail written down allows me to choose what I want to tackle and I don't have to remember what else I wanted to do in that room. Sometimes just looking over the list motivates me to get crackalackin'. It works for me.

In the coming days I'll try to post my individual zone areas. They need to be redone since I haven't updated them since my son was an infant. They won't be perfect as I don't want to get caught up in putting everything down at once and postponing implementing the plan. I can easily spend a lot of time putting it all down just so and not get around to digging in.

No comments:

Post a Comment